Sunday 29 March 2015

Music of summer 2014

Last summer I saw quite a few music acts and it was probably one of the best times I had ever had.


In May I saw Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike in Newcastle. It was so good! Dance music is not my favourite kind of music but these guys blew me out of the water. The atmosphere and everything was so good! If you get the chance to go see them then go.


 Then I had Radio One's Big Weekend to look forward too! I managed to get Sunday tickets for the event in Glasgow Green. I personally felt that this was the best day as most of the acts I wanted to see were on this day. Starting the day of with Kings of Leon was so good! I have wanted to see them live for a long time and getting the opportunity  to see them was incredible. Then I saw John Newman and Rita Ora. Never really listened to any of these acts but they were really good. I was so excited for the next act on the main stage The 1975.  Love this band and being able to see them was incredible. Tinie Tempah was the next act he was amazing! One of the best acts of the day by a mile. I was really excited to see Paolo Nutini but he did disappoint me. Was not a fan of his performance at all. Then I went and saw Kasabian. They are one of my favourite bands and seeing them in the tent was probably the best time I have ever saw them. The atmosphere was amazing. Best song from the set was Fire. Maybe Shoot the Runner, can't really decided as it was such a good set. To finish the day off I saw Katy Perry. Again I had wanted to see her for a long time and she was good! Great way to finish off the day and I only spent £2.50 on the ticket. 



Then in the June I went and saw Kasabian in their home town of Leicester. One of my personal highlights of the year for me. Seeing them perform in their home town was amazing. Praise you and LSF was by far the best song for me and it was a great song to finish a fantastic set with. If you have not saw this band live then you are missing out. Being a part of the crowd when Fire is on is so good.

I also saw David Guetta at Bellahouston park. This was a great day. The DJ did not disappoint me.

To finish the summer off I saw The Killers at Bellahouston Park. This was a fantastic way to finish it off. The support acts were incredible. Miles Kayne was so good. Never saw him before, he did not disappoint me was so good. Then followed by Courteeners. Love this band and saw them live in the past. One of my favourite songs from them is Take over the world and when they played that I was so excited! Then when they played Not 19 forever the crowd went mental. Deffos a band you have to see if you have not saw them before! The Killers were incredible. Now words can describe it. Wanted to see them for a long time and I got to see them. Mr Brightside was so so good. Still get so excited thinking about singing this in the crowd. Amazing!

I prefer music when it is performed live! It is so good and I was so happy that in this summer I got the see most of my favourite music acts!

No comments:

Post a Comment